May 1, 2020
Mayor Jerry Jackson
Public Works Director Wade Phillips
City of Harrison
P.O. Box 1715
Harrison, AR 72602
RE: PHASE 1 REOPENING OF THE RECYCLE/YARD WASTE DROP OFF CENTER MAY 4th, 2020 at 7:30am
Dear Mayor Jackson and Director Phillips,
As Governor Asa Hutchinson begins the process of reopening the State of Arkansas by implementing phase 1 protocol, we at Orion Waste Solutions are meeting regularly to determine how that looks for the Harrison/Orion Waste Recycle/Yard Waste drop off operations. As we reopen the facility the following safety protocols will be in place to protect the public, as well as our employees, and we seek your support in these efforts.
Please keep in mind with the reopening we must remain vigilant and flexible in our plans to best protect everyone. We stand ready to partner with the City in keeping this operation open to the residents of Harrison while protecting all involved.
The following Safety protocols will go in effect Monday May 4th, 2020 as we reopen.
- ADJUSTED OPERATING HOURS:
- We will be adjusting our drop off hours to the public from 7:30 am to 6:00pm to 7:30 am to 5:00 pm daily. By closing to the public an hour earlier our staff will be able to clean and sanitize the facility for the next day.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: (Masks or Face coverings required)
- All customers will be required to wear their own personal mask/face covering when entering at the gate and will be worn correctly throughout their presence at the facility. Orion Waste will not provide masks or face coverings to any customers. Repeated failures to wear the mask or face covering properly will result in Orion Waste staff to ask the customer to leave the facility immediately.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING RECYCLE AND BAG TRASH DRIVE THROUGH:
- Only one vehicle at a time will be allowed in the drive through drop off bay. Customers will remain in their vehicle outside the facility until the vehicle in the inside fully departs the building. Only one customer will be allowed out of the vehicle at any time. (REMINDER; 6 FOOT SEPERATION OF ANY PERSON)
- SOCIAL DISTANCING YARD WASTE DROP OFF (COMMERCIAL CUSTOMERS):
- All Commercial companies dropping off yard waste or tree/brush trimmings must wait in line to enter the Drop Off drive through to be inspected and charged appropriately only after the vehicle inside as fully departed the facility. Once inspected and paid the commercial customer will be directed to their designated unloading spot.
- ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS:
- Cash will no longer be accepted. We will accept credit cards or debit cards (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) payments. (Residents will be asked to stand at the office doorway and read the credit card or debit card information to the office staff and receive a receipt. We will accept a permeant check that will be placed in a box and later disinfected before handling and processing.
- MODIFIED MULCH LOADING HOURS OF OPERATIONS:
- We will modify days and mulch loading. Loading of mulch will occur Monday-Wednesday and Friday from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. This will allow our team to concentrate on loading and maintain the facility and monitoring of customers with new distancing regulations in place. (THIS REMAINS A NO CHARGE SERVICE BY HARRISON AND ORION WASTE SOLUTIONS).
If you have any questions, concerns or input please reach out to Chad Donovan or me. The key to this successful opening is remaining vigilant and flexible. Thank you and stay well!
Director of Municipal Affairs